Sunday 25 November 2012

Life: The Way We See It

Henry said "there's nothing in this life". At first, I acted as if I was not listening. He said it again and this time I asked him why he said so; he told me about a loved one who died the past week. The story behind the death was so tragic that I felt his pain.




I've noticed, times without remembering, that people utter same words as Henry when loved ones die and I ask, is it only at a loved one's death we remember how worthless this life is - if it truly is? What about those times we: wine and dine, eat and make merry; behave as if we'll live forever; look down on people who we think are of lower status compared to ours; in the midst of plenty and refuse to extend a helping hand; prefer to be worshiped and praised by people because of what they can gain from us; behave hypocritical, knowing that the public show and applause from people around are our reward?

I implore us to see life the way it is rather than wait until tragic events take place to bring us back to our senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment