Monday 3 November 2014

SMILE AND LET SMILE





And so I went to the Fidelity Bank branch in my area to make an enquiry, a simple one. I got to the bank, went straight to the customer care section and as I opened my mouth to say the reason for my visit, one of the two agents (female) asked me to sit and wait for my turn. She would have given a simple answer to my question if I had asked, and then I leave the bank, I thought; but in other to be courteous, I sat.

Fifteen minutes gone while waiting to ask a question that would take less than a minute to get the answer, my countenance changed as I waited. Finally, it was my turn to be attend to. As I sat in front of the other agent, she welcomed me with a smile, a wonderful one at that.

As I saw her smile, the vex I had disappeared and unconsciously I smiled; and for the next five seconds or so, we were smiling at each other with no exchange of words. I proceeded to ask my question to which she gave a quick answer. Well, I extended our conversation to about five minutes, asking other questions (which I know the answers) just to continue looking at her beautiful face and we were smiling all through as we communicated. It was time for me to go and she gave a very wonderful smile, it was as if she kept the best for the end, I reciprocated.

As I left, I concluded that I would always go to her for any enquiry or complain I have concerning the bank.

The importance of a smile can not be over-emphasized. Amongst many other benefits, it attracts you to people. Like I once said, "The change we need in this world starts with a smile."



Smile, today, and see the whole world smile with you.

2 comments:

  1. Like i said, a simple gesture (from a customer service rep.) such as a warm smile could do the magic..Brands need to understand that we are in an experience economy. Customers will never forget how you make them feel!

    ReplyDelete