Wednesday 10 August 2016

Operation Detoxify Your Mindset II



It's Unintelligent To Castigate What You Don't Know

Some time ago, I was teaching Abigail, 5, one of the students I teach Mathematics privately, how to solve operation problems with columns and rows. It is basically simple. I did an illustration on the whiteboard, she wasn't paying attention. She looked to the board, and all of a sudden she bursted to a loud cry. What has happened to Abigail in this very short moment I wondered with a puzzled face. Then I asked her what the matter was. "I don't like maths!", she yelled. "Why", I asked, "I don't understand!", she responded. "Ehen? Is that the reason you are crying?", I asked. She nodded in the affirmative.


For a few seconds I laughed inside of me. Then I asked her, "Why cry because you don't understand a thing?" "Look", I said, pointing to the bulb in the room; "Do you see any thing attached to that bulb?" "No" she responded. "How come you press the switch on the wall over there and at the same instant, the light comes on or goes off?". She was silent. "But you enjoy putting the light on, right?." do you know how it works?" "No", she answered. "That's it!" I said; "You don't understand how the light bulb works, you do not cry; you shouldn't cry, then, if you don't understand what I just did on the board." She nodded and wiped her tears. And when I erased the board and did the same operation again, she grabbed every bit of it. In fact with just one example, she answered 5 questions correctly, all because she opened her mind to understand. Mathematics is simple, anyways.

Opportunities abound every day and every where. Many a times we are shown: whether a better ways to make stuffs work or to improve on our current path but we discard them on the ground that they are too voluminous or to complicated to understand. With that singular act, we shut the door to great advancements, and later we ask ourselves and our environment why things aren't working for us as thought.

One of the wisest thing we want to start doing is to always give reasonable thoughts to opportunities that come our way every blessed day.

"If diamonds are on the streets like peebles, some people will still refuse to see, let alone pick them."

No comments:

Post a Comment